Monday, November 10, 2008

Ochoa blog

I was wondering throughout the whole chapter about our state stuff like this- and where do we get it? Can we get it from our district office or even our SPED personnel? I wondered how come I never thought of all these fine points as these three guys did. Still, I am thankful again for this information laid out- since 2005!
This article came out after the NCLBA, but the sources cited are from research conducted before and seemingly tailored for it (NCLBA).
Now this article shows what I’ve seen growing up with pullouts for those needing extra help, or “slow” and, I remember there were specific Special Ed teachers who had their own classrooms. Then these labeled children were/are mainstreamed and were/are not pulled out anymore (which may be a factor here for the last of the older group who were identified and labeled SPED under this older pull-out system). Now I’ve only seen articulation sped services available now.
I was noticing how much the psychologists were referred to which has no bearing on us out here it seems. But am I wrong? Is having the lack of a school psychologist in each school a factor in mislabelment/ wrongful assessment also?
And finally, of course the new vocabulary was a pleasure to re-experience my brain getting refreshened, rewired & renewed. I hope it was for you as well.

1 comment:

languagemcr said...

Great questions Q. You'll be able to lead us in these key concerns.
Marilee